I want to put a new engine in a 1985 cadillac seville. I was

Customer Question

I want to put a new engine in a 1985 cadillac seville. I was told I could only put the same engine in it that was the orignal. Is this true or can i put another like a chevy small block large block etc?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 2 months ago.

as you know if you have the time and money anything can be done. But you really can not put anything but a 4.1 back into this car with out having to change the transmission, all the mounts, rerun the exhaust, and rewire the car. The 4100 engine uses an oddball bell housing that no other engine has.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I wish I had better news for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Me to. Guess i gotta find a nee or rebuilt one. Where do u recomend buying from?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is anothe motor that will go into this with out modification, its the 4.5 v-8, as you know the 4.1 engine had problems with the headgaskets, the 4.5 does not, and it is a direct swap in this cra, without swapping wiring harnesses or the computers, its a direct fit, ans I have done alot of these,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

I can set up a phne call to discuss this if you like?