Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS, 3.2L, manual trans. I tried to

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS, 3.2L, manual trans. I tried to turn my car on this morning and nothing turned on. I have no dash lights, head lights, no clicks, bangs, whistles or anything else. I tried jumping it, but still nothing. I started looking through my fuse box in the engine compartment, and I started moving the 4 30A relays around (IGN-1, MAIN, FOG, and CMP). When I swapped the IGN-1 and MAIN relays, the lights all came back on and the dash lights came on with the key in and turned to the run position. As soon as I tried to crank the engine, though, the relay must have blown again so I believe the issue has to be one of these relays and i believe it is most likely the MAIN RELAY. Does anybody have any idea what would cause either of these relays to blow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Scratch that phone call request. I was just trying to learn more about it. Didn't mean to send a request.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Before you consider the problem being a relay concern start first with making sure the battery will hold a good charge and that the cable are clean and tight. If you sure they are okay then take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and check and see if you have battery voltage at the fuse in the under hood fuse panel. Check this for me and post back with your results and we can work from there.