Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 1977 cadillac coupe deville. I have replaced the

Customer Question

I have a 1977 cadillac coupe deville. I have replaced the following parts on my air conditioner system, blower motor , air conditoner compressor, heater control valve, relay on the inside of car, resister next to the blower motor, pressure control valve high end, R 134 conversion freon, on the inside of car where the vacuum is located behind the radio, replaced the plug for climate control, replaced climate control the vacuum hoses never replaced and vacuum plug never replaced. It is blowing cold air with no pressure , check motor blower and it was not hot and working .
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 3 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

is the issue the blower motor will not work above low speed??

Roy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the blower motor does work Roy I just replaced it with a delco blower motor. The unit wants to come when move the level on the climate control. you hear it but you do not hear or feel the force in side of the car.It could be the vacuum , the hoses , I know the plug that goes to the climate control works and the climate control is not bad

ok, so the blower motor does change speeds from low to high but no air out vents???

Roy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the air is coming out of the vents but not at a high rate when i have the climate control on high

ok, inside the climate control programmer, there is a motor that controls the speed of the blower and was a common failure at that time. I replaced a lot of those long ago for this issue.

Roy