tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own's repair shop 25yrs
14541291

I installed a signal light switch and the DRL relay but I

Customer Question

I installed a signal light switch and the DRL relay but I can't get the right side front signal to turn on now I don't have brake light either or signal lights
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I haven't and I haven't changed it either
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2004 cts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Signal light switch and the DRL relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Some of the people say to go to the green wire and bypass to the right signal on front but I haven't done that now the parking lights stay on and the brakes don't work
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

first,do check all fuses,but,from the way you explain it sounds as if your multi-function[signal light] switch is burn out and needs to be replaced.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b6mgb3cz30dhr6/0813-cadilack-Instrument%20Panel%20Components.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/3b6mgb3cz30dhr6/0813-cadilack-Instrument%20Panel%20Components.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help