Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2005 Escalade with a 6 cd changer that stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Escalade with a 6 cd changer that stopped working with cd's inside. There is power to it but the light indicators on the 6 buttons don't light up, only the back lights when the headlights are on. The cd operation window on the navigation screen is stuck on disc 2, track 10. Pushing any button on the screen does nothing. I did all the self checks I could find online but nothing fixed it. I bought a used 6 cd changer on ebay but the cd window the nav screen only gives a message about no disc player connected" or something like that, and also a cdx error. I'm wondering about the nav and radio not being compatible to the used cd player. Can you help?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The fuses were part of the self tests I got from online. What bulbs are you referring to?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have pulled all related fuses, checked and reinstalled. I have removed the cd changer and replaced with a used one purchased on ebay. The used one basically does the same thing.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • The symptom chart offers no diag for this concern, it simply states to install a new radio/navigation unit.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris