Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I get a slipping feeling and the traction control light

Customer Question

hello, I get a slipping feeling and the traction control light flashes when starting off from a stand still every now and then, if I bypass the traction control the truck runs fine...all fluids are fine and fresh...88k 2004 escalade AWD
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: i have not checked for the codes (cant find my ODBC II tool) and what fuses should i be looking for??
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am pretty knowledgeable and very handy sir, I love and understand GM vehicles, so yes i would do this myself. I have been driving with the tract control disabled, i don't need a computer to assist my driving skills
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • This is not going to be a fuse concern, more likely related to a wheel speed sensor. We need to get it scanned prior to doing any repairs.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris