Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

2013 caddie diagnose check code p059f active grille shutter

Customer Question

2013 caddie diagnose check code p059f active grille shutter is ng causing engine light to stay on my question is CAN THAT BE REMOVED / BY PASS ?? MY UNDERSTANDING IT NOT A IMPORT PART [OPEN AND CLOSE SHUDDERS WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION? CAR GOES NO WEAR STILL HAS UNDER 11,000 MILES
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Clayso replied 8 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the grill shutters are not important. The active grille air shutter actuator closes louvers at the front bumper to enhance vehicle aerodynamics in driving situations where cooling and A/C loads are relatively low and high levels of front end airflow are not required. If high levels of airflow are required the active grille air shutter actuator opens the louvers. The control signal from the fuel pump control module, ignition and ground circuits enable the active grille air shutter actuator to operate. If the conditions for opening the louvers are reached the fuel pump control module commands the active grille air shutter actuator to open the louvers. Cadillac has 2 service repair bulletins for this DTC P059f. Basically make sure there is no debris an or obstructions in the front grill louvers and that none of the flaps are overlapping and stuck.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
everything you mentioned i new all i ask CAN THE UNIT BE BY PASSED OR DISCONNENT I'M 83 WE GO NO WHERE 11 MILES IN TWO WEEKS WEATHER BAD WE STAY IN I THINK $800.00 PLUS IS WAY OUT OF WACK IF I CAN RUN THE CAR WITH OUT IT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY IF I WON'T DAMAGE ANYTHING THE OTHER PART IS I HAVE TO DO ONE OR THE OTHER CAN'T GET MASS. STATE STICKER WITHOUT IT REMOVED OR FIXED PLEASE JUST ANSWER MY PROBLEM
Expert:  Clayso replied 8 months ago.

If the unit is bypassed you will still have a check engine light unless these parameters in the vehicles computer can be reprogrammed.

Expert:  Clayso replied 8 months ago.

Dealer level software is required for any programming.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'LL PAY THE $5.OO CHARGE, NO MOPE THE INFO WAS NOT OF ANY USE THANKS mr c.