Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My on board screen is showing service stability system and

Customer Question

my on board screen is showing service stability system and service suspension system
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2003 sts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes no i have not dont know what stability system is
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all i know is that when the stab syst comes on the car seems to nowse dive like i locked up the brakes
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that is compatible with this model here that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

I have seen electronic suspension system components fail like failed sensors or compressor cause this issue as well as steering components like a steering position sensor needing replaced.

Usually this will require a shop or dealer to plug in their scan tool to diagnose and repair this issue here.In some cases though you can have a local parts store plug in their scan tool and they can sometimes read out the fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault.They can however give you an idea of the fault and usually will not charge for this info.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete