Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Driver door will not unlock with the FOB, Yes battery fine

Customer Question

Driver door will not unlock with the FOB
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes battery fine neither my FOB or my husbands will not work
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't tried anything so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Year, make, model?
  • Inside locks will work from the switches?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2009 STS 4 DR
VIN 1G6DW67V790164124
Yes, the inside door lock and handles work fine. To get in the car you have to use the FOB to unlock all doors and either use the passenger door or the drivers rear door to access the inside of the car and use the drivers inside door handle to open the drivers door.

Your initial post made it look like the fob would not lock and unlock the drivers door.

Your follow up post made it look like the drivers door exterior handle was non operative.

From inside the vehicle open the drivers door then close it, does the drivers door exterior handle open the door with the door unlocked from the inside?

With either case we need to most likely get into the door to check the linkage, latch, and door lock actuator as your possible cause.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris