Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 2013 XTS. I have the seat memory set to move the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 XTS. I have the seat memory set to move the seat back and the steering wheel retract. Sometimes it works properly and sometime it doesn't. When it malfunctions (when the engine stop button is pressed), the seat and steering wheel starts to move to the exit position and then stops. If I immediately restart the car, the seat and steering wheel move to the exit position I have programmed. The malfunction is very inconsistent. The memory may work correctly for a few times, then malfunction one or more times.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what the dealer had tested/worked on to try and locate and/or repair this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I have seen issues with the memory seat control module cause an issue like this here or the drivers door control module needing reprogrammed or replaced.If the dealer did not check into these as the possible cause this needs done to see if one or more need reprogrammed or replaced for this issue here.If this was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pete,
The dealer replaced the drivers door control module (this was recommended by the factory) but it did not correct the problem.