Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 07 Cadillac CTS my problem is that key fob loose

Customer Question

I have a 07 Cadillac CTS my problem is that key fob loose memory I program it I looses the memory
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can program my key phob it will work but won't be for long after I leave the car it won't work

So you get the same results from both fobs?

How long does it work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've followed the instructions to the T. but it doesn't open the doors

Prior you said it worked but failed after time passed. Now the program will not work at all?

A failure of the lock module could be to blame here.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well what's going on is the key fobs I can program only temporary it won't work after I leave the car it says battery low But I change the battery twice to no avail long as the key fob in the socket it will start but after you leave the car it won't open the door and car won't start is there an special batt for the key fob

There is not a special battery. The radio antenna module is what accepts the signal from the fobs. It is saying the battery in the fob is low because it is getting a weak signal. Since both fobs do this then the module is the more likely failure.