Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My car starts to howl after starting and when it speeds up

Customer Question

My car starts to howl after starting and when it speeds up it tends to go away, and when you slow down, apply the brakes, sound starts to come back.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

is there a check engine light on at this time ?

what is the mileage on it ?

which wheel hub bearing have you changed ?

the speeding up part and noise go away , could be the noise still exist and you just can t hear it when you speed up , because the engine noise becomes higher and is masking the howl noise :)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No check engine, 114,00 miles, the car runs perfect, it's just this annoying sound that comes out,.not permanently though. the driver side wheel hub bearing was changed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please e-mail me, I can't stay long, I'm at work, by the way is this a 24/7 company? just wondering. send me your phone I'd be glad to talk to you on day time, to get a satisfying answer. thank you,.

sure we can continue during day time :)

yes we are 24/7 , but there is a time difference , but not all experts are online 24/7 ,so if you reply back and no answer durimg late hours, you will get a respond back within few hours and until they log back in , so if you working we can continue later when you ready , just reply back here and i will see it and respond back asap ,

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

i m usually up late , so just reply back even if you see me offline, i will get an email that u responded and i will log back in and reply back to you

talk to you soon

Chad Farhat