Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2007 Escalade ESV with 171K miles. Never had a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Escalade ESV with 171K miles. Never had a problem until this morning. Tripped a P1825 code for the Internal Mode Switch and a P0700 Trans Control System trouble code on first start up this morning. Trans is stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear in drive, don't get the indicator light under the trans gear indicators on the dash, and both Stabilitrack and Traction Control service warnings come on the dash. Is it just the IMS or is there something more with the TCM?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: The fuses? No. It's all the lights under the trans indicator so I'm assuming it's non-functional. Would the fuses be in the box under the hood as opposed to the left side of the dash?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened this morning so I haven't got to too much yet. But would like to repair myself. I've done all the maintenance on the truck since new except for a few warranty issues.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm curious what the P0700 code coupled with the P1825 code might indicate.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

Since your storing trans codes this can be the TCM or a component associated with the transmission. Can you do some diag with my help?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I was away for the weekend and didn't have any internet access.Yes, I think I can work with you for diagnosing the problem. However, I can't freeze frame. Interestingly enough, the problem cleared on its own and hasn't come back yet. However, I'm still concerned that this is an intermittent problem that may come up again and leave me stranded. Could this be due to an actual "switch" problem that's in the TCM?Steve

Normal repairs for this code are a internal model switch replacement and TCM reprogramming. Check Internal Mode Switch operation with a capable scan tool. Compare actual manual valve position to indicated valve position with a scan tool. If no fault found. Update the TCM calibration