Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

My key is stuck, Yes I can turn steering wheel, 2003, Cts, I

Customer Question

My key is stuck
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes I can turn steering wheel
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just jade a key made cause I lost it and then I found old one and that's the one stuck in ignition
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the new key is the one that is stuck and it was cut incorrectly it will bind in the cylinder and in this case if you cannot wiggle it out at all if it is in the off position then the cylinder and key would need removed as an assembly and a dealer or lock smith would need to take it apart to remove the key then a correct cut key obtained.

If it is not turning to the off position make sure the battery is fully charged as this is a main cause for this and if this is o.k. then push up on the shifter into park to see if this lets you remove the key as sometimes the park lock solenoid fails in the shifter.The other issue is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen it fail before needing replaced as well.

This would need checked into further to pinpoint and repair the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete