Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Sevice vehical light comes on after driveing 10 to15 miles

Customer Question

sevice vehical light comes on after driveing 10 to15 miles and then the cruise control wont work.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes when the light is off after the car sets over night the cruis control works fine until the light comes back on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 1992 cadillac sedan deville
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked all fluid levels filled every thing to full mark.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no know other problems car runs fine no other lights on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be an issue with a sensor like a wheel speed sensor or another sensor at fault on your model causing this message to come on as well as disabling the cruise control.The cruise control is disabled when this message appears.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.If you know the codes set let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete