Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

My 2014 SRX has seat memory 2 set for me. My wife always

Customer Question

My 2014 SRX has seat memory 2 set for me. My wife always adjusts her seat manually. After she drives, I often (but not always) find the memory 2 button moves the seat forward, but not down. I'm unable to manually adjust the seat down. Later, perhaps the next day, the seat memory and manual adjustments start working fine.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: headlights work, battery's fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: dealer loaded latest seat software last year. That seemed to help, but the problem persistes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here and with what I have seen in the past as an issue here this sounds like an internal intermittent electrical fault in the seat control module itself.I have seen this control module fail on this vehicle as well as others and cause this intermittent fault needing replaced.Since the software upgrade did work for a short time I suspect the seat module/ecu needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete