ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

Bill...MyTraction control keeps kickling off. now the

Customer Question

Hi Bill...MyTraction control keeps kickling off. now the stabilitrak waring is on
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 05 XLR
JA: What year is your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet jusst wondering is it safe to drive on the weekend.....and what does the service probably entail
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: brakes etc are working fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 43000 original miles
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry for the ling wait

did this happen out of the blue one day ?

has anything been done to correct this issue yet or was anything done too the car to where now you have this problem ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the last couple of days ...no other service
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 4 months ago.

99 % of there are causes usually by one of the wheel speed sensors reading bad or sending a wrong signal to the ABS computer which is where the traction and stabilitrak is operated

usually it is one of the front sensors

usually once the codes or code is read it will say which wheel is having the sensor issue

the car is perfectly safe to drive until a shop can look at the car as all those systems do is shut off when the lights are lit up in the dash and the regular brakes ect.. will work just fine

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 4 months ago.

how are you making out ?