Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville. The doors will not lock or

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville. The doors will not lock or unlock, the trunk will not open, the fuel door will not open with the buttons inside car or with fey fobs. The interior lights don't work and the back up lights don't come on, also the aux. power plugs don't work. The power windows all work except left rear. I checked most fuses and there ok. the valet switch is in the off position. I just bought this car and don't know how long its been like this . Is there a module or breaker for all or part of these problems
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for anything after market installed like a remote start or alarm system.If any of these are installed this will cause this type of fault here if wired incorrectly or if they were installed and they were removed and wires were not re attached back to factory properly.Start here first if you can and if this is all o..k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked this today and could not find anything that has been added or removed. is there a module or relay that controls some of this
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I dont see one module or ecu in general that controls all of these here.These each have separate modules/ecu's.Check the fuse panel power feed cables for tight connections and for being damaged or corroded as this can cause a fault here.If these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete