Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have 1998 Cadillac STS, and the other day the right tail

Customer Question

I have 1998 Cadillac STS, and the other day the right tail light filled up with water during a heavy rain. Not knowing, I drove around for a short bit the next day. Today I replaced the tail light, and all the bulbs. Now the lights all seem to work with the headlights off, but when you turn the headlights on the right rear blinker stays on a solid yellow on the rear and on the dash. Note: all the bulbs in the headlights and tail lights are brand new, and are all in the right spot. Double checked. I'm personally thinking it's the turn signal switch, since I was using the flashers when the right light was soaked. Think the flasher module is part of the hazard button, so that could be the issue also. Please help, it's driving me crazy.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Another quick note is when the car headlights are off and i engage the right turn signal, the blinker comes on but the brake lights also come on faintly. The left blinker does not have this issue. I have swapped the relays under the rear seat around for the lights and those seem to be good, but i could have missed one i suppose. I have disconnected the battery, and touched the power to the ground to reboot the system. That actually took a couple U1255 codes i had away, but did nothing for the turn signal issue. Also pulled the sides off the trunk and cleaned both grounding connectors really good with the dremel, and the inside of those grey connectors with a steel brush. Im at a loss here.......the AC Delco D6251A is the turn signal switch, its $115 so not gonna kill my pockets, just looks like a pain to replace if the steering wheel needs to be pulled.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Chris, appreciate the response.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why did they charge me already?? If you have the solution, i'm all ears.

At the RR lamp with the headlights on, of these 2 wires which one has power. The light blue or purple. This needs to be done while the connectors are plugged in. Neither should have power but one will based on your results.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok checked the light blue and purple and they are both showing voltage on the RR lamps.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still waiting on a reply back?? No answers, but you have already charged me for what.....a response?? Poor service, I dont have days to wait on an answer......I thought you guys were quicker than this.

Your comments indicate you no longer want me to try and help, if that is the case I can close the post.