sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2000 devile and my service stability system light

Customer Question

I have a 2000 devile and my service stability system light keeps coming on, before this the stability system would apply the brakes, after checking for codes the computer said my rear speed sensors were out of I replaced all 4 wheel hubs and sensors and bearings but the service stability light keeps coming on after I drive for a few minutes. sometimes the light will stay off after shutting off the engine and restarting the car.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Michael and thank you for your question,

Can you tell me what the fault codes are that your getting now since you replace these parts?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there are no codes showing up.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

If the light is still coming on then there has to be a fault code and or codes , are you sure there are no codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just went out an hooked up my scanner but no codes are showing.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Well Im not sure how to advise you with out knowing what the fault codes are that should be setting when the light is coming on. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else has seen this with no codes.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I suspect you may not be using capable equipment to check for fault codes. If the warning light is coming on it's because a failure has been seen and fault codes are set.

What brand and model of code reader or scan tool are you using?