Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

When outside temperature is particular gh, climate control

Customer Question

When outside temperature is particular high, climate control on my 2010 SRX Luxury l stops working correctly after about 40 minutes. Air pressure from vents drops to next to nothing, air is barely cool. After it's shut off and sits for awhile, works okay for awhile then repeats. Had system recharged. Also had pressures compared per bulletin for 2011 models to see if there was difference in pressure which would indicate that the receiver/dryer dessicant was obstructing. Mechanic said pressures were within 5 lbs. of each other. Please advise.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Since you have had the system recharged can you give me your new pressure readings on the low and high side with the AC on and the compressor running when the system stops cooling please and I will help you with this and see if we can determine the cause. Post back when you can with this and we can work from there.