Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 06 cts sounds like misfire but replaced all plugs, coils,

Customer Question

My 06 cts sounds like misfire but replaced all plugs, coils, timing gear kit and bad injecter. Check engine, trac control, abs, and brake light are on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on unless you accelerate fast than it blinks
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 06 cts
JA: What year is your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: chatters when i turn right
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Do you know the code numbers which are stored?

Does it also feel like a misfire when driving, you mentioned it sounds like one?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There was a whole list I don't know all of them off hand. Po300 po301 po303 po305 po368.

Did you get any codes from the ABS module?

I ask because the traction control system which is controlled by the ABS can have an issue and tell the engine to cut back power by turning the injectors off, which can cause a misfire. So if a false traction loss issue is being sent to the computer you can have all these misfire codes and all the warning lights.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris