Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2011 CTS, just got it detailed, they did not clean the

Customer Question

2011 CTS, just got it detailed, they did not clean the engine, etc. Got in it to leave and the A/C would not work nor would the stereo. Drove it for a bit, got the A/C going and the stereo on but it will randomly go from XM to CD and the temperature control for the passenger side will randomly start running all the way up to 90 degrees.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: at this point things are working just not consistently. ac and blower will randomly turn on once it has been turned off, heated seats will show that they are on but will not adjust or turn off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just picked up the car, I've tried nothing other than driving around playing with the controls trying to get something to work and then work consistently. A mechanic I am not but I was trying to figure out if there was something that I was just not thinking about or if this was a common problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I've got at this point, seems to be electronic or computer related. The only consistent thing going on is that there is no real consistency on what it's doing and which buttons may or may not work.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Things are better this morning, I assume the guy detailing got some things wet. AC is working, stereo is working.Passenger seat heater and temperature controls seen to be the only items not working correctly at this time.

Do you want to give it some more time or get into diagnostics and repairs?

It is possible they let the battery die and the rapid surging of the remaining power resulted in modules getting damaged. There could also be damaged wiring under the seat.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris