Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

2012 SRX battery dead in smart key. Removed battery, remote

Customer Question

2012 SRX battery dead in smart key. Removed battery, remote case left in car to go get new battery and left in car. Car automatically locked. Do not have spare smart key. Anyway car be opened ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately the only way to open the doors when locked out is with a lock smith or AAA company or if you have On star you might see if they can send a signal to unlock it.The other option is obtaining another key to unlock it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was able to get the answer immediately from a retired law enforcement officer. As usual this is just another marketing ploy and not just a Cadillac expert. Waiting several days for an answer is not satisfactory. Do not want the service, would not recommend to anyone. Was sad to see I had used before and had same experience.