john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

It just won't start, Battery new purge sensor new.it won't

Customer Question

It just won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery new purge sensor new.it won't turn over just make a whinning like noise
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006 3.6 cts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had a mechanic he ran check no codes came back he couldn't understand why it won't start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. Somebody told me maybe fuel not getting into engine or something like that I just don't know new spark plugs coil seals ignition seals
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and run you need a properly charged battery, as good working starter , good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these things and post back with which your lacking then I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question was not answered. I already indicated that I have a new battery which is fully charged new spark plugs etc. It just won't start it crank just won't turn over
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 5 months ago.

do you know what the mechanic checked when you had brought it in to him?

is the noise coming from the starter

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know what kind of noise the starter makes. I don't think it getting any gas to the engine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To my understanding he check the spark to the plug connection to the wires connection to plug connection to the battery fuses etc

if the starter isn't cranking the motor over why would he be checking fuel and spark if the motor isn't turning over , i feel there is a miscommunication somewhere.. what happens when you turn the key ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Because I recently had a tune up because it was misfiring it started misfiring again had oil leaking to the spark plug wells. I had all ignition coil seal coils seals o rings valve cover gasket etc replace but prior to the replacement it wouldn't start. And after the replacement. That why he look at those & the connection. It was starting at first but it sat couple days then it wouldn't start before he replace all the items mention. The it making is like a wiin wiin like it want to turn over but it don't

is the starter turning over or not? do you know what a vehicle sounds like when it is turning over?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No sorry I really don't

maybe this would be easier over the phone