Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Tell me about a ac1315 code on a 96 deville, it resets and

Customer Question

tell me about a ac1315 code on a 96 deville
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: it resets and comes back on. can i replace the low pressure sensor?
JA: What year is your Deville?
Customer: You
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i don't know much. the message say need ac service and compressor not on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i can play with the auto switch and sometimes it comes on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this code came from the heater/ac control panel for the heater/ac system here is the description of this code.

DTC B1315: Evaporator Inlet Temperature Sensor Short Circuit.

This can be an issue with the evap temp sensor needing replaced as this is a common component that can fail.This will cause no ac operation and the service ac message you see here.If this is not the code let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete