Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I have a 2007 escalade this morning I rolled window down and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 escalade this morning I rolled window down and it wil only go half way up now and won't go all the way down either just tries to move in a slow motion then clicking start when mashing the button and nothing happens at all then. Do you know what this could be? I'm hopping a fuse!!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Does it seem to make a grinding noise, (before the clicking starts) when trying to move the window up or down?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea it's jus a very slow downward wind only few inches the stop n clicking starts. It's very slow. Barely moveing at all
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is normally the window regulator cable. They tend to get twisted up around the wheels and cause the window to bind up, (as well as move slowly) and get stuck.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Here is what the window regulator looks like. They are less expensive to get after market, (with the factory part number)