Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced Level Specialist
61695331

Service brake assist, stabilitrack and Alb lights are on and

Customer Question

service brake assist, stabilitrack and Alb lights are on and I'm traveling. Can I drive it for 1 1/2 hours like that?
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: staying on but just came on
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006 DTS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My wife is traveling and pulled off because of these lights
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: she's 1 1/2 hours from home
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Is the check engine light on also with the messages that are displayed?

Do the brakes feel normal?

It is possible that just the brake fluid is starting to get low causing the symptom you are describing.

If the check engine light is not flashing and the engine is running normally, your wife will be safe to drive home.

Just have her make sure the brakes feel ok. If the pedal goes all the way to the floor, it is unsafe to drive.

A fault code has either set in the engine control module, turning on all of the lamps or just in the ABS.

The ABS and traction control system may be disabled, but normal braking will not be affected. Just tell her to keep a distance from other vehicles in case of a panic stop.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.If you could kindly rate my service, it would be very appreciated. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for 5-star excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer. Derek WIf you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!If you could kindly rate my service, it would be very appreciated. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for 5-star excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer. Derek W