Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have 2006 Escalade with duel AC. Just a little bit over a

Customer Question

I have 2006 Escalade with duel AC. Just a little bit over a year ago I had remote control start and a better alarm system installed. Just recently in the last few months I can be driving down the street and the AC will cut out and maybe a few minutes later it comes back on. This could happen 1 time or numerous times. I would take it back to the place that installed the equipment to see if something was wrong. One time they told the ground wire was loose or something to that affect etc. Last Friday I pulled out of my driveway only to have the AC go off, and along with that the battery light, ABS light and the gas gage. The drivers side window worked but nothing else on the door worked. I again took it back and had them take it off because we didn't know what was causing the problem. The equipment or my vehicle itself. Today the ac went off and on again just like before but the gages were fine. Everything was good after they removed the equipment until today. My husband told a little while ago that when they removed the equipment they just snipped the wires in the fuse box instead of removing them completely. Can you shed some light on what might be causing this.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is the answer to my question?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

When the front AC stops is the cold air stopping or all of teh air flow or is the screen on the HVAC going blank?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The cold air stops

Thanks, ***** ***** the AC circuit if needed.

To figure this out you need to start figuring what is working and not to blame to have a direction to see what is possible to blame. Step on will be removing the AC relay when the AC is commanded on but not working. You should see 2 power pins and one ground signal pin. Most likely this ground signal is the issue. It comes from the PCM. If that is the case then the HVAC control or the PCM will have codes stored telling you if there is a pressure sensor reading issue causing this. Can you do these tests?

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.