Amedee
Amedee, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2002 cadillac deville...AC fan motor stopped working...could

Customer Question

2002 cadillac deville...AC fan motor stopped working...could hit under the glove compartment and the fan motor would come back on...would work for a day or so and then stop working again...finally went off...couldn't get it to come back on again...replaced the fan motor...replacement motor worked for a few days then stopped working...left the AC control on and after a day the AC came back on and ran for about 3 days...the AC fan motor has since stopped and been off for 2 days...if it's the AC resistor I haven't been able to locate it...if it is the resistor, is their a clear picture as to it's location. I'm baffled!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. The first thing we need to do is check for power and ground going to the blower motor with the AC turned on high. There will be two wires going to the blower motor. One should have full battery voltage and the other should have a good ground. Once we find out what is missing, we can pull a wiring diagram and back track to pinpoint the problem. You might even find that you have a bad connection (bad connector) directly at the blower motor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

This might have a three wire connector going to the blower motor. If this is the case, then you have auto air (digital). It is the same concept. One should have power, one should have ground and the other is the speed control signal wire from the blower motor control processor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

Here is a picture/location of the blower motor control processor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

Here is a wiring diagram for the blower controls which includes the blower motor and the blower motor control processor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!