Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

How to remove a power steering pump on 2008 cts cadallic. I

Customer Question

how to remove a power steering pump on 2008 cts cadallic. I have removed all visible bolts but unable to remove pump. appears there is an additional bolt somewhere but unable to locate.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

When replacing the power steering pump on this vehicle, the pump is removed with the bracket attached. Once removed, the pump can then be separated from the bracket and replaced. I've wrapped up a small PDF file to show this, here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qveba7x9q9omj6x/cad-ps.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Tim, if you have any other questions on this, or there was something I may have missed in my answer that you were hopinh to have addressed, please feel free to ask!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ron. how do you access this bolt that's hidden from sight. I can barely see the top of the bolt . the bolt in question goes into the block behind the power steering pump. I might be able to remove by modifying a wrench but want be able to replace ?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

The easier way is to take the bracket with the pump still attached, then separate the pump after it's removed from the engine. Click here for the procedure: https://goo.gl/vNgtqA