Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

2007 Escalade ESV wont turn over. Lights, radio, everything

Customer Question

2007 Escalade ESV wont turn over. Lights, radio , everything else works.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: All other lights - Headlights Interior, etc.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes! Only disconnected and re-connected the battery
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

When you try to start it, do you hear a single click with each time you turn the key or a series of rapid clicking?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No clicks. Just a hum while the instrument dials go up and down.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

This does sound like a weak battery. Sometimes the battery can have enough voltage to get some things working, but the starter itself uses amperage to crank. I suggest you start with a jump start. Leave the donor vehicle attached for about 15 minutes, then try to start your truck. If it start or even cranks, you know you are dealing with a battery issue, and you should have it tested.

A poor ground could also be the problem. So check the negative battery cable where it connects to the body and the engine. Make sure it's clean and tight and not swollen.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!