Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

I have a Cad. Seville, 1994, with ASC Electric Sliding

Customer Question

I have a Cad. Seville, 1994, with ASC Electric Sliding Sunroof System. which doesn't fully close leaving a 1/4 " gap in the rear of the window/body cavity. I just entered all my credit info, etc. and your page closed on me saying my credit card # didn't match the security code. I use this card all the time and am now concerned that I'm being "taken for a ride" of some sort. Please have Mr. Aka-Mouse (the expert I was referred to) call me so that we can clean up this challenge. Eugene B. Kordahl,(###) ###-####
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any debris in the sun roof track as this can cause this issue.If this is all o.k. usually what happens is the sun roof track becomes bent and causes this fault needing replaced to correct this issue here.The track assembly itself usually needs replaced as an entire assembly for this issue.You would need to have this inspected further to be sure which will usually involve removing the head liner to have it inspected and repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete