Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We got disconnected before. I'm looking info concerning the

Customer Question

We got disconnected before. I'm looking for some info concerning the cmp actuator solenoids on my 2006 Pontiac g6 gt vehicle. I'm experiencing hard shifting in 1st and 2cd gear.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: It was overhauled last year, my mechanic also just renewed all of the engine mounts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just researching as to why the shifting is hard in the lower gears. Several threads I have seen swear by changing out these solenoids - but they had the 4 cylinder model whereas mine is a 6
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Myself and my mechanic do not believe it is the transmission. It is getting bad info from the engine as to when to shift
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

1. Sorry you have been waiting so long, I believe I can help if help is still wanted/needed.
  2. I will be online another 5 hours after this post.
  3. Yes you have been charged already.
  4. Yes I know it is almost midnight.
  5. No I am not online between breakfast and lunch.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • Hard shifting is going to be caused by an issue within the transmission associtated with the valve body or shift solenoids.

Thanks Chris