Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I just displays on the dashboard service stability??? What

Customer Question

I just displays on the dashboard service stability??? What does that really mean??
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: It now on $155440, I just had an accident last week, and the had to replace the front wheel, on the driver side because I got hit really bad, also now when I drive it's not balanced, the steer wheel goes to the right side
JA: What is the model of your '153440 Cadillac?
Customer: Escalade 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just got it back from the Body shop, they said it was a Blake issue??, but I just read that I could be something else
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You have sensors in the wheels for wheel speed. The stability needs these sensors to control braking if the vehicle slides out of control. Since you said that you had an accident with the wheels. I would bet your problem is the speed sensor or harness to that wheel that was affected. You will also need to replace the wheel bearing as the sensor is built into it.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan