rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Battery went dead can't jump start when I try 4 way flashers

Customer Question

Battery went dead can't jump start when I try 4 way flashers come on I was told the security system has it locked out????
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: The battery is 7 years old haven't started car in a few months an I have a new battery just not sure what to do after I install it
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005 STS with a push button starter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Call triple a service an they tried to jump start it but only flasher came on he said it was in anti theft mode said he don't install batteries
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

I attached a procedure for you to follow to get this alarm system fixed.

Thanks, ***** ***** me know if you need anything else.