Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

I just returned from a weeks vacation and tried to crank my

Customer Question

I just returned from a weeks vacation and tried to crank my car...06 DTS Cadillac.... Nothing lights hubby thinks it's the battery...since it hasn't been used..but in a was fine before we left
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: It's a maintenance free battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 06 DTS
JA: What year is your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Left a battery charger on low all night
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We tighten up the clamps ...everything we can think of but the charger will only go up to 12 volts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you are not seeing any light and everything is dead then I would agree with your husband and start with having the battery checked to be sure its properly charged and the connections are clean and tight. All power start with the battery. In order for it to start the car you need at least 12 volts to it. Have him remove it and run it down to your local part store and they will test it at no charge . Check this and let me know if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.