Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

TROUBLE STARTING ONLY AFTER FUELING, STARTS RYTIME AFTER BUT

Customer Question

TROUBLE STARTING ONLY AFTER FUELING
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: STARTS GOOD EVERYTIME AFTER BUT TAKES UP TP 4 TIMES TRYING AFTER FILLING THE TANK
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: O8 CTS V6
JA: What year is your CTS?
Customer: LOCAL GM PARTS GUY THOUGHT IT MAY BE THE VENT SOLENOID
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES AND NOTHING YET
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Clayso replied 9 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description sounds like the parts guy is kind of correct. The proper nomenclature is EVAP Purge Solenoid. The EVAP Purge Solenoid is located on the passenger side of the engine at the #3 ignition coil. When the EVAP Purge Solenoid does not seal properly it allows fuel vapors to enter the engine at an undesired time causing a hard start condition. To check the EVAP Purge Solenoid disconnect the electrical connector and the vapor hose going to the the vapor canister. Connect a vacuum line to the open purge solenoid port and try to blow through the purge solenoid. Air should not be able to pass through the solenoid, if it does the purge solenoid is defective.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 9 months ago.

Hey, just following up to see how this is working out.

Let me know

Thanks