Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

Car has bee setting while. Before it went down it was

Customer Question

Car has bee setting for a while. Before it went down it was turning over but not starting. Discovered a broken wire in steering column and had it repaired. That took a month or so. Now trying to start it and it's turning over good but still refuses to start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Ever thing is good.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 1997.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. The broken wire in the column has been repaired.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Good battery, plenty of fuel.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and tun you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure. While the engine will not start can you check each one of these thing to see which one you are lacking and post back with this and I will help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.