Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My sts engine blew up. I want to put a 4.4 supercharged back

Customer Question

My sts engine blew up. I want to put a 4.4 supercharged back in instead of the 4.6 that came in it. What would I need to change to make it work?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 122,000. It's an automatic.
JA: What year is your STS?
Customer: 122,000. It's an automatic.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2005
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am wrapping up the end of my shift. Sorry I nor any others got to you sooner. I believe I can help on this concern mid day on the 11th if help is still needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
your help is still needed.

What is the 4.4 coming out of?

I can tell you so far your going to need new mounts, wire harness, computer, accessory drive brackets.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris