Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 99 devile is overheating when I go up ll, But can drive

Customer Question

My 99 devile is overheating when I go up hill, But can drive it all day on flat ground
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: My son in law is a mechanic, He tested for gas something like that on the radiater, Coolant is good
JA: What year is your Deville?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the Radiator water pump thermostat checked fans
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: doesn't misfire, Runs good on flat ground
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am wrapping up the end of my shift. Sorry I nor any others got to you sooner. I believe I can help on this concern mid day on the 11th if help is still needed.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.SO far this looks like head gasket failure
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris