Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My front air conditioner vents are not blowing, even at max

Customer Question

My front air conditioner vents are not blowing, even at max fan there is very little air coming out, but the climate control in the back is working fine
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: What little air that is coming out of the vents is cold, and the back is blowing cold air, but the fans in front are just not blowing hardly at all. If I am driving down the highway at a high speed there is a little air blowing out, but when I slow down or stop, there is no air coming out.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2009 Escalade ESV
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything other than calling roadside assistance, they basically said no one was available. Hoping to try and diagnose the problem so that I can see if I can fix it myself or if I need to get help
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We are on a cross country road trip starting yesterday, going through west Texas now and worried that going through the the New Mexico desert tomorrow without working AC will be a problem. Also, noticed today that the cruise control isn't working, when I press the button to activate it the light comes on, but the cruise control never engages/activates
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

In the front you can not hear the blower working on any speed and there is not any air blowing from the defrost, dash or floor when stopped not moving?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help. One possible cause is the blower motor has failed.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris