virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience on both import and domestic vehicles

Have same problem but water on headliner and drivers side

Customer Question

Have same problem but water on headliner and drivers side floor front and back. Like a flood. Sunroof tracks fill with water. Took to dealer. Made it worse.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2002 STS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just used q tips to clean tray and rubber stripping.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Sometimes water drips out of plastic covers on roof. Also getting bubbled paint near and just above back window. Was told window would need to be removed to fix.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: No. Car was garaged for years then left outside in snow and ice,and not driven much for one year. Leak coming from sunroof tray which fills with water and appears to overflow. Looked at tiny drain holes (2) and seemed clear but not sure where drains are.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the problem with your sunroof leaking is the drain hoses on the drivers side front and rear of the sunroof are blocked. Take some compressed air and gently blow in them and it should clear.Let me know if it doesn't work or if you have any questions.Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As I said before I took it to dealer and was not charged. They made it worse. I think they may have done that. Also I need to know exactly where the holes are. I found some almost pinhead size holes in the left and right front of the sunroof. Is that what you are talking about? Where are they in the rear of it. There is the tray and that is all I see.Also where is this water coming in from? Is it from the seal on the roof or from the rubber with drainholes on the doors. What if I put a tarp over the sunroof when it rains>? will that help? Why am I paying money for information I already found on the Internet?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please cancel free trial and I want a refund on this service. Erin K. E***
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I responded and have not heard from Sonny again. I want to cancel this question as the answer was not what I expected and had no detail about where to locate the holes nor what to do. I believe what he suggested already blew the hoses off and that is the problem. Please cancel ASAP.
Erin K. E***