Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Need fuse location door lights. Replaced with new LED logos,

Customer Question

Need fuse location for courtesy door lights. Replaced with new LED logos, but they don't come on. (Just did one, switched back to stock - assuming fuse went out as none of the doors now come on)
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Don't know which fuse - owners manual doesn't show/call those out
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2010 srx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuse replacement is easy...just can't find which fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Bo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The courtesy lamps work through the BCM and its powered through the BCM7 and SDM IGN #54 fuses under the left side of the hood.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
neither of those were blown...are you sure those are tied to door lights? Has to be a fuse issue

Would you like a wire diagram to double check my answer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the BCM on the lower left side of the dash feeds to the fuse box in the engine? That also would show accent lights and the other items all fed to same fuse? Everything else works fine. The lights did work prior to me replacing with LED - then all turned off = assume fuse.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Courtesy lights only ones not working - ambient and all else are fine

All courtesy lamps get there power from the BCM. The BCM uses the power from the fuses I listed to power these lights.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Then if not fuses, what would cause just the courtesy lights to go out?

If the instrument cluster shows a door ajar with a door open and the vehicle on then its going to be the BCM that has failed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Door ajar comes on. I guess I am not familiar enough with do I fix/replace?

A BCM can not be fixed, it is a computer module. To replace it you need a dealer level diagnostic tool to program the replacement module.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris