Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Cadillac CTS, My car is in the shop now and I am

Customer Question

Hi pearl
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2006 Cadillac CTS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My car is in the shop now and I am researching solutions
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: are you online now or are these computer generated responses
JA: No. I'm the GM Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: which means what ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I own a 2006 Cadillac CTS w/ 195000k. The car is kept very well. Approximately 5months ago, it acted strange. The traction control light turned on, the radio display started cycling through messages saying, service theft deterrent system, then shutting off the radio, then turning back on, then saying personalization off, the airbag warning and repeating. The a/c would stop blowing cold air but rather ho air, the gauges would stop working, fuel indicator would go to zero then back to reading right then back to zero. I couldn't put my window down nor open the car door through the locks. I pulled over. Stopped the car and it would let me take out the key. consecutive tries and I finally could. I restarted the car and it didn't do it again. yesterday it began doing this again. my mechanic said it might have something to so with the alternator. I had the radio display reflect the voltage reading and it would go from 14.4 to 15.1, 15.2, 15.3, 15.4 then to 14 but remained around 14.4 for the most part. it once hit 13 something. anyways, when it goes nuts like this if I force the interior door lock open the radio turns on, the ac comes back on and the windows and locks function..only temporarily then it starts acting up again. the car is in the shop today getting the alternator swapped out. they wanted to start there since the voltage regulator might be bad I was told. the next step he said might be replacing the body control module ? are there any better ways of diagnosing the problem ? the error codes are u1016, c0242, c0281, c0121, u1300, p0430.The car like I mentioned is kept well. It has a lot of sentimental value. so I am willing to fix. thank you
please reach me via email***@******.***. edu or cellphone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I spent the day boating with family and recently logged in and got all caught up. I see alot of waiting customers like yourself that were not helped earlier. Why I do not know but I believe I can help if you still need or want it. Please do not confuse this as my answer.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help. Have the diag steps been done for these codes to see if they are electrically associated with the charging voltage?

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Chris,You didn't sent me a reply to my question but rather informed me you were on vacation. You also states not to confuse your message with a reply. I submitted an elaborate question. Presently, I changed the alternator on my car thining it was the cause of my ECM or Body control module going haywire sporadically. Please provide your analysis based on the extended question I provided...

Thanks for getting back with me to let me know help is still needed.

There is a better way to diagnose this. Each code has a list of steps to follow and those tests will tell you what repair is needed.

There is a good chance diagnosing and repairing one or more of the codes will address multiple codes and possibly multiple symptoms.

Do you need the diag steps for the codes you gave me?