Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2006 Cadillac and I can not get it to start, we

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Cadillac and I can not get it to start, we tried boosting, and checked the starter . I need help please !!! I have one vehicle and have no idea what to do now. the lights come on inside, a\c comes on , radio comes on, but I can not get it to start. ????? So confused ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I do not know why it won't start...
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no the ignition does not turn over at all, Battery is about 1 year old, we checked it and its good.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Cadillac?
Customer: sts
JA: Huh?
Customer: what do you mean what model, I am not sure
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, we tried to boost it, checked the starter and checked the fuses. This is a push button starter.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the start up dash lights come on for just a second when you try to start it, but then they flash off and it does not start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, is the security light staying on, going off after a few seconds, or blinking on and off?

You state you checked the starter. Did you remove the starter and apply 12v to it or did you check the wire for 12v while someone turned the key to crank?

Does it have keyed ignition or pushbutton start?