sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Ac is blowing hot hot air sometimes, Coolant level is good,

Customer Question

Ac is blowing hot hot air sometimes
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Coolant level is good, if I slam doors it will blow cold just now while driving a hissing sound was made n a cloud of smoke was release it happen twice now it's blowing hot again
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 03 dts
JA: What year is your Cadillac?
Customer: 03 Dts 4.6 vin 9
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes n just been happening for a couple days first time for noise n cloud of smoke probably freon
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just had engine replaced have replaced both o2 sensors 1 on bank 2 n 3 now have a code for b1 sensor 2
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you saw a refrigerant leak if you saw what appeared to be smoke with a hissing noise and it is now blowing hot. It could be a damage component, a leak at a connection or it may have come from the compressor high pressure relief valve.

What area did you see this come from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It came from front of car hood was down. It was blowing hot before this had happened went to pick wife up for lunch she got n shut door it started blowing cold driving a lil ways then the hissing then the cloud n it stopped then a few min later it happens again

Before this was it blowing cool while driving but warming up at stops and slow speeds?