Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Its a 2004 bonneville gxp, they replaced all the coils wires

Customer Question

its a 2004 bonneville gxp
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: they replaced all the coils wires ext checked compression cylinder 7 not firing
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: did u get my symptoms
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i changed plugs wires checked the coils front back replaced all in the back checked compression has 70k miles i tried a new pcm uhhh i donno what else i mean im thinking maybe fuel rail clogged so cylinder 7 isnt getting gas
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Just to confirm, #7 compression is good and #7 is also getting spark?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No spark says the technician that has my car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They replace the wiring harness for the coils in the front tested the mall all the spark plugs are brand-new AC Delco platinum factory boots are all good the back boots rubber place as a one piece unit the compression on every cylinder has been tested it's good I even tried a different PCM same issue I'm lost
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was getting a random sooner misfire something about a speed sensor P0502 P0 300 now she's getting a P0307 and that's where they are stuck at now at the shop
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The engine light was flashing when I accelerated it isn't the mass airflow sensor I tried a new one of those also Major loss of power

Thanks, ***** ***** coil verify the brown wire and black wires are ground and the pink wire is power.

Unplug the coil and the PCM.

OHM test the coil purple wire to the red wire at pin 34 of the PCM, verify no resistance then at one end of this wire ohm test it to battery power and ground to confirm no continuity. Can you do this, this will check the coil signals.

Use pages 4 and 5 of this diagram

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.