Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My 2006 Cadillac DTS, leaks a lot of water to the inside

Customer Question

Hello, my 2006 Cadillac DTS, leaks a lot of water to the inside passenger floor only when it rains. I've already cleared the sunroof drain tubes.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Only have checked and cleared the sunroof. Cannot find where it's coming from. But it's only when it rains
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Want to fix myself. So researching. I've only made sure the sunroof drains were not clogged anywhere.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Just that the passenger floor gets flooded only when it rains
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

look at area between windshield & frame and also the passenger door rubber trim , turn a water hose on that area with door closed from outside and see if you see water making it inside the cab

has your windshield ever been replaced ?

there is a drain tube for a/c when running you should see it drip outside the car from below , that gets clogged up it will fill passenger compartment floor but you said it does it when rain , just make sure that is not happening here .

let me know

Chad ( aka -Customer)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Chad. Ya it only happens when it rains. I have cleaned the sunroof. I can see it draining from under the dash right above the tunnel. The windshield has not been replaced but I thought that that might be a fix.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it possible for the windshield to leak? Or if the ac drain is clogged somewhat that the heavy rain we get in Florida overloads it and then it comes in?

hey how are you

I would raise the car on the lift and blow air thru that a/c hose tube , before i got to windshield

if it clogged it wil clear it ,

use like a shop air nozzle

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks.

if not ,the only way water going to come in is thru that windshield seal if a/c tube not clogged

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

Did it work for you ?

Please remember to rate me before you exit since that is how we get compensated .

if you need additional just let me know

Thank You