ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

03 escalade, cant get passenger wiper arm removed to get to

Customer Question

03 escalade, cant get passenger wiper arm removed to get to circuit board for wipers. They work on high speed but not on low or intermittent and washer does not work.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Changed fuses last week. Th
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: O3 escalade, 6 liter
JA: What year is your Escalade?
Customer: 03
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed fuses last week. Thats when they quit working all but on high speed. If high speed working, there is power, right?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Changed washer fill tank and fuses last week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 5 months ago.

do you have a multi meter on hand ?

you have the drivers side wiper arm off and the passenger side once the nut is off it will not pull or pry off ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cant get either wiper arm off. Wipers work on high speed but not on low speed or intermittent and washer doesn't work. Changed some fuses last week and this was result. Thought it might be circuit board which is under passenger wiper but can't get to it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dont have a multi-meter
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 5 months ago.

once that nut is off try tapping with the nut on a few threads while pulling

we have to get that arm off to get to the wiper motor to test

in the under hood fuse box if you put your fingers on the relay called washer do you fell it click everytime you push the front washer with the truck ON ?

and this ONLY happened after you changed some fuse ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
happened after I changed fuses including washer fuse and wiper fuse. I tried to feel washer fuse with motor on and pressing washer switch, but no clicks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is thete a lock washer on wiper arm?
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 5 months ago.

no its just a nut

the arm must be really stuck on the stem bad try tapping it while prying and pulling

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 5 months ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer